What is a Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (POC) System?
GenComm is proud to provide Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (POC) systems for our customers. This type of system is often used by our transportation, trucking, golf course, landscaping and other business customers because it allows them to reach someone in their fleets or teams within a matter of seconds. But first, what is a POC system?
A Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (POC) system allows radio users to connect to others through data networks. It connects radio technology with cellular technology. You have a radio with a SIM card that allows you to broaden a radio’s range through a cellular network such as AT&T. You’re able to get an instant response by being connected through Wi-Fi or LTE.
Push-to-talk traditionally allows you to connect to other users and groups within range. POC expands this on a much larger scale since range and reliability are strengthened. Push-to-Talk Over Cellular systems resist connectivity problems, such as drop-outs and interference. They also can be quite cost-effective.
One great example GenComm is excited to offer is the Hytera HALO system and the Hytera HALO Connect Platform. HALO is one of the most advanced Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (POC) radio networks out there. It provides the following:
- Nationwide radio coverage over cellular LTE mobile networks
- Supports both Wi-Fi and LTE calling, and seamlessly switches between networks
- Compact and rugged devices with industry-leading voice quality and digital noise suppression
- Instant group Voice and Video calling with unlimited channels
- Fast and low-cost deployments that require no infrastructure or frequency licenses
- Widest variety of POC devices available to meet the needs of diverse applications and users
- Powerful Fleet Dispatching and GPS location tracking
If you’re frustrated with your current communication system at your transportation business, golf course or wherever you may work, please contact us to find out more. If the Hytera HALO system isn’t the right fit for you, we’ll find the solution that matches your needs.
And if you’re interested in learning more about Push-to-Talk Over Cellular (POC) systems you can download this white paper from Hytera.