General Communications Careers
Please send all resumes to
General Communications, Inc is an Equal Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vehicle Equipment Installation – Madison Office
- Provide on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of customers security equipment
- Prepare accurate and timely service tickets and reports
- Ensuring a high level of customer service, satisfaction, and communication
- Maintain proper stock, parts and tools necessary for the job
- Any other duties as assigned
Education: Associate Degree or Higher Preferred
Requirements: One Year Prior Installation Experience
- At least two years prior mobile electronics installation experience
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Proven Installation skills
- Must possess excellent communication and listening skills
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must Possess a strong attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to use a variety of tools
- Ability to install, inspect, and service a multitude of electronics and vehicle equipment
- Knowledge of the electronics industry
- Exemplary customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Basic computer knowledge
Radio Communications Service Technician – Milwaukee Office
- Install, test, repair, and maintain base/repeater and accessory equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point to point communications systems.
- Install, repair and maintain analog and VolP radio dispatch consoles
- May operate and maintain mobile electronic service shop truck or other service vehicles
- Program and align base, mobile and portable two-way radios
- Assist in the planning and designing of new installations, systems and equipment
- Checks frequencies and solves interference problems
- Perform FCC Checks on equipment
- Attend training and read publications to remain current in electronic technology.
- Maintain daily logs and prepare as-build documentation.
- Test equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and watt meters.
- Install, adjust and repair stationary, and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
- Examine malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
Outside Sales Representative – All Locations
- Generate, promote, maintain and support sales of Two-Way radio equipment for the company through initial phone conversations, face-to-face meetings and product demonstrations.
- Prepare weekly call reports, monthly sales forecasts and appointment logs, as well as writing quotations and orders.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales targets through diligent customers care, contact and sales. Attend trade shows, technology shows, product introduction and training deemed necessary by management.
Please send resume to