General Communications Careers
Please send all resumes to
General Communications, Inc is an Equal Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Service Technician – Madison and Milwaukee – Full Time
- Assessing and repairing a multitude of different electronics, including radios, pagers, antennas, microphones, etc.
- Responsible for installing and trouble-shooting wireless communications equipment at various locations for public safety agencies and commercial businesses.
- Communicate and follow up with service customer regarding order statuses, services, back ordered parts, etc.
- Quote follow-up parts and labor to service customers
- Answer phone calls from customers and other employees
- Create, distribute, process, update, and close work orders throughout the day and week for all local service calls.
- Install, test, repair, and maintain base/repeater and accessory equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point to point communication systems.
- Install, repair, and maintain analog and VoIP radio dispatch consoles.
- May operate and maintain mobile electronic service shop truck or other service vehicles.
- Program and align base, mobile, and portable two-way radios.
- Assist in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Check frequencies and solve interference problems.
- Perform FCC checks on equipment.
- Assist in the installation of antenna systems.
- Attend training and read publications to remain current in electronic technology.
- Maintain daily logs and prepare as-build documentation.
- Computer networking
- Any other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma/GED (higher preferred)
Requirements: Prefer prior experience maintaining or repairing wireless communication systems
- At least two years prior mobile electronics installation experience
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Must possess excellent communication and listening skills
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hourly wage is based on experience
- This position is available to the right candidate immediately or with appropriate notice to current employer
- Health Care and Dental Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Comprehensive 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid leave and vacation
- Fun and Friendly atmosphere
Please send resume to