Seeking an experienced Two-Way radio technician. Must be experienced in troubleshooting and repair of commercial radio systems including but not limited to base, mobile, and portable radios, antenna systems, and voice pagers.
Minimum Requirements of Employer:
Education: High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- Preferred: 2 year Technical degree or Military electronics training
Professional Licenses / Certifications: No Licenses or Certifications Requested
Vehicle: No Vehicle Requested
Driver’s License: Yes
- Type: Class D – Regular (Auto, Light Truck, Moped) Required
- Endorsements: No Endorsement Requested
Age: 18 or older required
Experience / Qualifications:
- The understanding of basic electronics.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Experience with Windows based software preferred.
- Good driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
(NOTE: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty)
- Install, test, repair, and maintain base/repeater and accessory equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point to point communication systems.
- Install, repair, and maintain analog and VoIP radio dispatch consoles.
- May operate and maintain mobile electronic service shop truck or other service vehicles.
- Program and align base, mobile, and portable two-way radios.
- Assist in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Checks frequencies and solves interference problems.
- Perform FCC checks on equipment.
- Attend training and read publications to remain current in electronic technology.
- Maintain daily logs and prepare as-build documentation.
- Test equipment functions such as signal strength and quality, transmission capacity, interference, and signal delay, using equipment such as oscilloscopes, circuit analyzers, frequency meters, and watt meters.
- Install, adjust, and repair stationary and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
- Examine malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
Duration/Usual Hours per Week: Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week Minimum.
Shift/Work Days: First Shift. Monday-Friday.
Number of Openings: 1
Pay: Based on Experience. Competitive wage and benefit package offered.
- Insurance: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Leave and Holidays: Personal Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays
- Retirement & Financial: 401K Plan, Profit Sharing
- Miscellaneous Benefits: Flexible Work Schedule
General Communications, Inc. is one of Wisconsin’s largest two-way radio dealers, with offices in Madison, Milwaukee and Eau Claire. We are fully versed in the newest wireless technologies, providing communication solutions for Public Safety, Business & Industry, Schools & Transportation, and Hospitality & Special Events. Our services include communication and lighting installations for Public Safety agencies vehicles and Command Posts, and Communication Systems for 911 Dispatch Centers. Our service team offers Project Management and consulting services for large and complex wireless communication systems. If you are looking to work with the latest technology in wireless communications then we are the company for you.
How to Apply:
Mail a Résumé: General Communications, Inc.
N57 W13466 Reichert Avenue
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Fill out the form on our careers page