About Gen Comm
General Communications Inc. is one of Wisconsin’s largest two-way radio dealers and currently serves customers in Wisconsin and Illinois. General Communications is family owned and operated, has locations in Madison, Milwaukee, and Eau Claire, and a staff whose expertise is unrivaled and on call 24 hours a day. We know the business and we care about our customers.
General Communications is fully versed in the newest advances in wireless technology. We have buying power and an on-hand inventory no other dealer in the region can match, saving customers time and money.
From sales and rentals, to service and repair, to installations, vehicle lighting and custom vinyl lettering/graphics/signs, Gen Comm strives to provide the highest level of customer service and to exceed expectations. At General Communications, your safety is our business.
History of Gen Comm
General Communications got its start as a television and radio sales and repair business established in the 1940’s. In 1966, Verne Vlack bought Evans Radio & TV from Dick Evans keeping the company name. In 1968, the company migrated into two-way radio communications and as the business grew General Communications was formed.
As technology and products became available, the range of equipment and services offered transformed into what we have today. In 1980, the company we now know as General Communications established their name and opened a second location in the Milwaukee area.
In 1987, the two businesses, Evans Radio & TV and General Communications split and Gen Comm moved to the Anton Drive shop. In 2012, the corporate headquarters was relocated to a larger 36,000 square foot facility in Fitchburg. It all started with just a few people and now Gen Comm has over fifty full time employees.
Today, we service and sell everything from wireless communication systems, dispatch centers, vehicle lighting, installations, and much more.